I know sometimes we can get into a rut doing the same things over and over. With photography it's no difference, you can get uninspired, tired, clients getting the best of you and YOU just want to call it QUITS! When I do get in my "rut" here's a few tips that has helped me tremendously.
1. If photography is your passion focus on that, focus on why you started in the first place.
2. Search online for inspiration, Pinterest is one of my favorite places to visit and get inspired.
3. Photograph something outside the norm, if you mainly photograph people, try landscapes, night photography or photograph things around the house.
4. Take a day or two for yourself, no photography, no editing, no talking to clients. Pray, meditate, go shopping, watch a movie and just enjoy a break for yourself!
5. Call up your photograHER buddies, set a date for a "Snap and Chat".
6. Journal your feelings for photography, your visions for future sessions, how can you make things easier for you.
7. Don't make photography a job. I am a full-time photographer and I have never called it my job, I call it my fun time, and it should be stress free but we all know how that goes!
8. Take time and focus on the business side of photography; which may cut down on dealing with clients. Get your contracts straight!
9. Rest, eat healthy and workout.
10. Relax, it's just photography!